Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Campfires and Cowboys

Who doesn't love a bonfire - and who doesn't love a cowboy?!? I was taken back to my young, carefree, summer South Dakota days in the Badlands....oh those were fun times.
 
We had a wonderful fire after dinner -- which we would have had to cook ourselves but (thankfully!) they didn't have enough spatulas for us. Whew!  That is my biggest camping fear:  how to cook over a fire. All I know how to make in a fire is s'mores!
 
ANYWAY, after dinner we had a campfire and a local cowboy band.  They were fun, sang well, and had a great sense of humor about their music.  My kind of guys.  We enjoyed the sing along and I am grateful to have new songs in my head instead of the usual choir songs I usually have floating through my head.

It was chilly that evening.
We were glad to have the blanket.

Carolyn was grateful to have her hat.

The Rusty Pistols
Almost inspires me to learn how to play guitar.

Elyse makes the perfect marshmallow.
I actually think this was the breakfast campfire....

No comments:

Post a Comment