Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy 11th Birthday, Elyse!

Well I'm well over a month late on this post!  Elyse turned 11 on July 14.  She chose to have dinner at Golden Corral. Neither Scooter nor I are big buffet fans, but it was Elyse's birthday, we'd never been to Golden Corral and we were all pleasantly surprised.  It was crazy crowded on a Sunday evening, but we managed to find a place to sit and, of course, found plenty of food.


What's not to love about Golden Corral?!
They have cotton candy!  and a chocolate fountain!


11 years ago this little girl burst into our lives.
And I mean burst!

Every year Elyse and I try to stay awake until 1:56 a.m.


So I set my alarm for 1:56 a.m.

And Elyse kept on sleeping.

And the next day she celebrated her birthday.

Somewhere during the week we made pancakes for her and our friend Renee, who was not turning 11.
MAKING the pancakes was easy;  flipping them was not.
The girls (mine and Renee's)  were most impressed with my cursive handwriting.

Turning 11 meant Elyse was due for booster shots.
She bugged me for a long time to go get her shots -
she was actually a little excited about it.
She wasn't quite as smiley after them.
We should be done until she's 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment