Monday, August 18, 2014

Elyse's Birthday Part 2

Elyse loves planning her birthday party and she is very low maintenance about it. She is usually quite specific about the cake - always chocolate with chocolate frosting.  She drew out a Charmander that I was originally supposed to draw on the cake....I managed to convince her we should get a Charmander figurine or action figure and put it on the cake and have the candles (sparklers!) looking like it was breathing fire.  Well. We didn't come up with idea until a day or two before...so we had a hard time finding a Charmander...so I think we settled on an evolved something or other (correct me, all you Pokemon buffs)...the action figure ended up being a lot smaller than we'd hoped or planned...but I just added a smaller layer to the cake and it worked. "Good enough" is my motto!



And hey, when you add sparklers to any cake, it's a success!


It was a great day to be in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment