Thursday, October 4, 2012

To the Homeland

I was last home in January 2012 to visit my parents. When I arrived, all I heard was, "it's been such a nice winter and now it's supposed to get really cold."  And it did.  It was really cold. Refer to the January posts of the temperature at the bank.  I planned this trip during my very favorite time of year in ND and I listened to, "The weather has been beautiful - 70's - 80's - but it's supposed to be rainy and cold when you get here - and maybe snow!"  I was elated!  I won't lie - I'm tired of 100 degrees in the desert - I needed a change.  Elyse and I got to the airport this morning (bright and early!) and heard, "Grand Forks passengers, your flight may be delayed or diverted due to weather conditions in Grand Forks.  Passengers under the age of 18 that are travelling alone will not be allowed to board the aircraft."  Good thing we were going to Minot!  So away we went. Check out the sunrise and Elyse's light clothing.
This is taken as Mom is getting yelled at by the "guard" to
stay within the red lines...evidently I was getting too
close to the aircraft?!

...on the gangplank

No comments:

Post a Comment