Wednesday, December 26, 2012

October 12 - AZ State Fair

I am so far behind in this blog...I got my new iPhone in September and I just figured out today how to get pictures off the phone and onto the computer so I can easily put htem onto the blog.  I don't know what I would do without my 'Tech Support' person.  OK, I will admit:  I didn't figure it out;  'tech support' talked me through it.  Thank you, Kelly!

So, at our last post, Elyse and I were in North Dakota. We left The Homeland on Thursday, October 11th - T&N's 61st Wedding Anniversary.  To answer the question, "How is your mom?":  she's about the same.  They both are pretty amazing - well, at least they were in October!
T&N:  61st Wedding Anniversary
Elyse and I arrived back in warm and sunny Arizona - it was COLD when we left ND. Friday we had a half day and I promised the girls I would take them to the AZ State Fair.  Why doesn't Daddy-o ever get to do these adventures?!  It was a beautiful day - warm and sunny - so it was fun. The girls did rides and I took pictures.  Just the thought of the Tilt-a-Whirl made me queasy.  I managed the Ferris Wheel with a minor panic attack. I guess I don't do heights anymore.  It was nerve wracking just taking the pictures up there.

Elyse has a piggy bank that looks very similar to this pig.
We walked through ALL the barns and saw ALL the animals....

Elyse does NOT like brocooli.



This is our view from the ferris wheel.
We had a beautiful view of Phoenix when we were stopped at the top!
Wish I was as relaxed as the girls were up there!
You can't see how much my hands were shaking...
nervous on the ride and nervous I would drop my phone!

I made them ride the carousel...




Tilt-a-Whirl
Did Scooter dub it the "Tilt-a-HURL" last time?!

 
It was a very fun day at the fair. We saw it all and had a very enjoyable time. Can't wait to do it again next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment