Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Grapefruit Tree

So once we got the lantana out, we were ready to find some trees. Scooter and I had a nice time going to pick out trees. Thankfully we knew what we were looking for, so it was a fairly easy task. We agreed on grapefruit, lemon and orange trees.

First in:  The Grapefruit tree.

 
Dad digs the hole and Elyse supervises.


Putting the tree in...
Coco looks on and is not impressed.

NOW Coco decides she should help.

Remember - OK, most of you won't - remember when you would do that "Keep North Dakota Clean" poster contest and the winners would get a tree sapling?!  I am pretty sure I never won a tree - but I remember seeing people carry them home in paper cups near the end of the school year...and I was usually a little jealous.  Evidently someone in my family could draw because I remember them coming to our home and planting them.  I also remember my brothers and sisters saying, "That's my tree!"  ANYWAY, here we are planting trees with our dad - complete with a dog:  Skipper.  I think this picture was taken about 1973.





That's me with Skipper the dog, my dad, Linus, Gert and Dominic.






No comments:

Post a Comment