Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Visiting With My Mom


My mom's health was failing, there was no doubt about it.  I got to enjoy two weeks with her and I enjoyed every minute of it.  She was in the Nursing Home to do therapy - to recover from her back 'surgery'.  She worked so hard at OT and PT - diligently doing as the therapists asked her to the very best of her ability on any given day.  I was so proud of her and how hard she worked.  She had good days and bad days while I was there...but she always had a positive attitude and most days, a smile.
 
Louise, Zona, Alison, and Mother

Enjoying lunch in our matching bibs.
OT in the evening.



 
The day I left (May 10) I got a call at 6 a.m. saying my mom wasn't doing well.  My brother, sister-in-law and I went to be with her and she ended up being put on oxygen.  It was a rough few hours, but ever the trooper, she pulled through....and I headed back to Phoenix feeling good about the time I had with her, yet knowing it was probably the last.

This is one of my favorite pictures with my mom from this visit.
We'd had a nice visit the night before - much like this.
We shared the blanket - but she wasn't going to share the remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment