Thursday, October 4, 2012

Where the Buffalo Roam

We finally got out of Minot and started toward New Rockford.  Elyse was very anxious to just get going and get to Grandma and Grandpa's.  As we got out of Minot, she commented "it's like we're the only ones here!"  I was on the phone with Scooter as we left Minot and I said in mock panic, "Two lane road!  Two lane road!  What do I do?! What does a yellow line mean?!"  I enjoyed the solitude on the road (allowed me to drive faster). I enjoyed seeing all the familiar towns along Hwy. 52:  Sawyer, Velva, Martin, Drake, Anamoose and Harvey. I enjoyed the rolling hills and the sun behind me.  There were several sloughs along the way and I pointed out the beaver dams to Elyse. She pointed out the ducks to me.  She fell asleep and didn't flinch when I flipped the car around in the middle of Hwy. 15 (only in North Dakota...) to stop to see the buffalo.  I think if I had stayed by the fence a little longer they would have gotten even closer.  It must have been their feeding time because they were moving quickly together in one direction. I love the color contrast between the sky and the ground.  It was a dark sky - looked like rain somewhere.

I will look for playing deer and antelope another day...


No comments:

Post a Comment